EVALUATION & MONOTORING
Understanding what works and why is essential to good policy, programme or project design. We have been working for over 10 years with organizations of all sizes and types, in the public, voluntary and community, NGOs, and private sector, helping them to address this challenge. We specialize in evaluation design and evaluation practice in a range of sectors, mainly public policy, education, technology, innovations, and business.
We offer our clients:
- Test the feasibility for evaluations and to design the most appropriate methods
- Designing and implementing evaluation studies to make informed decisions about what form of interventions may be most effective
- Assess the process effectiveness and impact of their interventions across different timeframes (before, during or after the whole timeframe of a project or programme).
- Designing and implementing value for money assessments.
- Designing and implementing appropriate and effective performance monitoring and quality assurance systems.
- Capacity building in monitoring and evaluation: coaching for groups of any size and one-to-one.
- Manage and disseminate the knowledge about what works amongst communities of interest
We could help you to:
- Find out what impact there has been as a result of an intervention/programme
- Find out what intervention/programme works best (and in what circumstances)
- Find out why an intervention/programme works, or doesn't work and why this is the case
- Find out how an intervention/programme has been implemented
- Our evaluation team designs custom evaluations drawing on a range of data sources as appropriate, including:
- Qualitative and quantitative primary research with stakeholders and/or beneficiaries
- Secondary research, both literature reviews and analysis of existing monitoring and administrative data.
Before the organization proposes new initiatives, it should assess the potential economic, social and environmental consequences that they may have. Impact assessment is a set of logical steps which helps the organization to do this. It is a process that prepares evidence for decision-makers on the advantages and disadvantages of possible policy, action or initiative options by assessing their potential impact.
Our impact assessment is based on integrated approach which analyses both benefits and costs, and addresses all significant economic, social and environmental impacts of possible new initiatives. We strive for full involvement of stakeholders.
In doing your impact assessment, we will answer a number of questions:
- What is the nature and scale of the problem, how is it evolving, and who is most affected by it?
- What are the views of the stakeholders concerned?
- Should the organization or institution be involved?
- If so, what objectives should it set to address the problem?
- What are the main policy options for reaching these objectives?
- What are the likely economic, social and environmental impacts of those options?
- How do the main options compare in terms of effectiveness, efficiency and coherence in solving the problems?
- How could future monitoring and evaluation be organized?
OUR RECENT WORK